Sidebar menu rounded corners bottom graphic

Agent Services

Bail Bondsmen

hot topics
online services

License Changes

Request a Duplicate Copy of a License

In order to receive your hard plastic, photo bail bond license, you must complete the Duplicate Photo License Request Process through the Department’s testing vendor Pearson VUE. Pearson VUE will only be able to provide duplicate licenses for bail bond licensees whose active license status is confirmed by the Agent Services Division. Prior to contacting Pearson VUE to make a reservation, please check the status of your license(s) on the Individual Lookup for License Status located in the blue "Online Services" box. Please complete any name or address changes to your current licensing record through the NC Licensing Office Of Pearson VUE prior to requesting a duplicate license reservation from Pearson VUE.

License Name Change

Send written notification to the NC Licensing Office of Pearson VUE, P.O. Box 14209, Raleigh, NC 27620. The notification must include the previous and new name, National Producer Number (NPN) and the licensee's signature. Attach a copy of the marriage certificate, divorce decree, or other legal document showing the reason for the name change.

Change My Address of Record

According to N.C.G.S. 58-2-69(b) "Every licensee shall give written notification to the Commissioner of any change of the licensee's residential address within 10 business days after the licensee moves into their new residence." Licensees change their residential address by completing the electronic Free E-Mail and Address Update, particularly the section marked email address. Licensees are encouraged to provide current email addresses because Agent Services Division sends license notifications via email.

License Cancellation Requests

Return the license(s) with a written request to cancel them to the NC Licensing Office of Pearson VUE, P.O. Box 14209, Raleigh, NC 27620. Be sure the request is signed. If you are unable to find your license(s), submit a notarized statement requesting license cancellation. The statement must be signed and must indicate which licenses you wish canceled. Indicate your name and National Producer Number (NPN).

Transfer Bail Bond License

Are you currently licensed in another state and moving to NC? All bondsmen moving to North Carolina must meet the residency requirements of N.C.G.S. 58-71-50 before applying for a bail bond license. Anyone licensed as a bondsman in another state must complete North Carolina prelicensing education before submitting an application. Contact a North Carolina prelicensing provider below for information on prelicensing education.