Services for Consumers - Health Insurance

Plans Not Regulated

Contact Information for Plans that NCDOI Does Not Regulate:


  1. State Health Plan for Teachers and State Employees:

    State Health Benefits Office
    3200 Atlantic Ave
    Raleigh, NC 27604
    Phone: 855-859-0966

  2. Self-Funded Employee Health Benefit Plans:

    Send complaints to the plan administrator, the employer’s human resources department, and/or the U.S. Department of Labor, Employee Benefits and Security Administration (EBSA).
    Atlanta Federal Center
    61 Forsyth St. SW; Suite 7B54
    Atlanta, GA 30303
    Toll-free phone: 866-444-3272

  3. Federal Employees’ Health Plan:

    U.S. Office of Personnel Management
    Federal Employees Health Benefits Program, Room 3443
    1900 E Street, NW
    Washington, DC 20415-0001
    Phone: 202-606-1234

  4. Medicare:

    Part A Claims & Provider Problems
    Palmetto GBA – Medicare Part A
    800 S Duke St.
    P.O. Box 3824
    Durham, NC 27702

    Toll free phone: 877-567-9249

    Part B Claims & Provider Problems
    CIGNA – Medicare Part B
    4135 Mendenhall Oaks Parkway, Suite 101
    Attn: Public Relations
    High Point, NC 27265
    Phone: 336-882-4562

  5. Medicaid:

    North Carolina Division of Medical Assistance
    1985 Umstead Drive
    Raleigh, NC 27603-2001
    Phone 919-733-4261
    Toll-free phone: 800-662-7030
    TTY: 877-452-2514

  6. Workers Compensation Claims Questions:

    North Carolina Industrial Commission
    4335 Mail Service Center
    Raleigh, NC 27699-4335
    Phone: 919-807-2500