Do you have an insurance question? Need assistance?
Read the following descriptions to determine which NCDOI division can assist you.
- Helps consumers and employers with questions and complaints about insurance coverages, including, but not limited to: auto, homeowners/renters, liability, life/annuities, disability, Medicare supplement, long-term care, dental, vision, hospital, accident, and specified disease*
- Assists health care providers and facilities with insurance-related questions and complaints
- Provides contact information for insurance companies
For more information, call 800-546-5664 or 919-807-6750.
*Questions about major medical/comprehensive health insurance, external review requests, or filing a medical appeal with your health insurance company should be directed to Health Insurance Smart NC.
- Answers questions about health insurance coverage
- Identifies enrollment opportunities for health insurance coverage
- Helps consumers file complaints and appeals with health insurance companies
- Assists individuals in requesting an External Review after medical necessity claim denials
For more information, call 877-885-0231 or 919-807-6860.
*Questions about life, disability, dental, vision, hospital, accident and specified disease insurance, premium rate increases, and provider complaints should be directed to the Consumer Services Division.
- Answers questions about Medicare (Parts A and B), Medicare Advantage plans (Part C), Medicare prescription drug coverage (Part D), Medicare Supplement Insurance (Medigap) and long-term care insurance
- Assists Medicare individuals of any age and their caregivers with filing complaints concerning Medicare health coverage*
For more information, call 800-443-9354 or 919-807-6900, or email email@example.com.
*Questions or complaints about Medicare Supplement (Medigap) policies should be directed to the Consumer Services Division.