NCDOI HurriClaims Center
LISTEN: WPTF Interviews Commissioner Goodwin
AFTER HURRICANE MATTHEW, WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
Insurance Commissioner Wayne Goodwin wants all North Carolinians to be insurance smart as we recover from the effects of Hurricane Matthew. Visit www.NCHurriClaims.com if you've suffered storm damage or call the Department of Insurance at 855-408-1212 to speak to one of our consumer services specialists.
Commissioner Goodwin has activated the Disaster Mediation Program to help homeowners resolve disputed homeowners insurance claims for residential property damage resulting from Hurricane Matthew. Commissioner's Order.
Disaster Relief Centers:
Open 9:00am -7:00pm Weekdays and 12:00pm -6:00pm Weekends
- Edgecombe County Disaster Relief Center: Imperial Center, 270 Gay St., Rocky Mount. 929-232-0608
- Edgecombe County Disaster Relief Center: Riverside Plaza, 1600 W. Howard Ave., Tarboro. 401-599-5704
- Greene County Disaster Relief Center: Fast Break Food Shoppe, 201 Carolina Dr., Snow Hill. 254-842-4846
- Harnett County Disaster Relief Center: Government Common Area, 309 W. Cornelius Blvd., Lillington. 202-805-9038
- Johnson County Disaster Relief Center: Johnson County Industries, 921 N. Brightleaf Blvd., Smithfield.
- Nash County Disaster Relief Center: Continuing Education Building, 3866 Eastern Ave., Rocky Mount. 225-317-4270
- Wayne County Disaster Relief Center: W.A. Foster Recreation Center, 1012 S. John St., Goldsboro. 732-804-7381
- Wilson County Disaster Relief Center: DaVita Dialysis Center (old location), 2693 Forrest Hills Rd., Wilson. 202-834-5743
- Questions About Insurance?
Call the N.C. Department of Insurance consumer hotline at 855-408-1212 (toll free)
- Questions About Flood Insurance?
Call the National Flood Insurance Program at 888-379-9531