Public Information Office
latest news releases
The Public Information Office assists members of the news media with requests for information or public records from the Department of Insurance and Office of State Fire Marshal.
Reporters seeking information or interviews should call the Public Information Office at 919-807-6011, or email one of the contacts below. We will respond to you as quickly as possible.
The Public Information Office can assist members of the media with inquiries relating to:
- Public records requests
- Insurance and insurance rates
- Company financials and examinations
- Licensure status for agents, adjusters, companies
- Insurance fraud and arrests made by the NCDOI Criminal Investigations Division
- Fire department inspections and ratings
- Building codes and manufactured building
- Fire and rescue training and certifications
- Safe Kids North Carolina and injury prevention
- SHIIP (Seniors’ Health Insurance Information Program) and Health Insurance Smart NC
Public Information Office Staff: