Please bear with us as we move to our new location in the Ablemarle Building on 325 N. Salisbury Street, Raleigh, NC this week and next week. Our mailing address will still be 1202 Mail Service Center, Raleigh, NC 27699-1202.
All phone numbers will remain the same. Please call our main number for assistance – 919-647-0000.
Fire and Rescue Training
- Trains fire departments, rescue squads, and instructors to improve fire and rescue protection statewide.
- Serves on national committees with the responsibility of creating training standards and curriculum with organizations including the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA).
- Provides technical writing for development of training programs, including certification and specialized classes.
- Provides support during State Emergency Response Team activities.
- Provides Instructor qualification and upgrade classes to State Certified Fire and Rescue Instructors.
- Co-sponsors NC High Angle Rescue School with the NC Association of Rescue Squads and EMS sponsor.
- Sponsors the NC Breathing Equipment School and Self Survival School and NC Thermal Imaging School.
- Conducts certification courses for Hazardous Materials Technician (NFPA 472), Fire Officer III (NFPA 1021), and Fire Officer IV (NFPA 1021), Instructor III (NFPA 1041), Fire Investigator Technician (1033).
- Assists Fire Departments and Rescue Squads with training and planning needs.
- Assists Fire Departments and Rescue Squads with information on Fire and Rescue Equipment as well as apparatus/equipment specifications.