We are in the process of moving and changing our phone system. Please reach us at 919-647-0000
Fire and Rescue Training
- Trains fire departments, rescue squads, and instructors to improve fire and rescue protection statewide.
- Serves on national committees with the responsibility of creating training standards and curriculum with organizations including the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA).
- Provides technical writing for development of training programs, including certification and specialized classes.
- Provides support during State Emergency Response Team activities.
- Provides Instructor qualification and upgrade classes to State Certified Fire and Rescue Instructors.
- Co-sponsors NC High Angle Rescue School with the NC Association of Rescue Squads and EMS sponsor.
- Sponsors the NC Breathing Equipment School and Self Survival School and NC Thermal Imaging School.
- Conducts certification courses for Hazardous Materials Technician (NFPA 472), Fire Officer III (NFPA 1021), and Fire Officer IV (NFPA 1021).
- Assists Fire Departments and Rescue Squads with training and planning needs.
- Assists Fire Departments and Rescue Squads with information on Fire and Rescue Equipment as well as apparatus/equipment specifications.