TV and Furniture Tipover Safety for Teachers
Did you know…
- Every three weeks a child dies from a TV tipping over?
- Over the past ten years, a child has visited the emergency room every 45 minutes because of a TV tipping over?
Share these tips with school-aged children to ensure that they are safe around TVs and furniture:
- NEVER climb on furniture to reach something. Ask an adult to help reach something that is too high for you to reach on your own.
- TVs may not look heavy, but they are! They can be very dangerous and can hurt you if they fall on top of you.
- Provide parents and caregivers with a copy of the Safe Kids Worldwide Home Safety Fact Sheet.
Visit the following sites for more information and materials: