For Immediate Release: October 8, 2015
Department of Insurance Opens Charlotte Regional Office
RALEIGH -- Insurance Commissioner and State Fire Marshal Wayne Goodwin and fire service representatives today celebrated the grand opening of the N.C. Department of Insurance Charlotte Regional Office.
The office will provide Department of Insurance and Office of State Fire Marshal services to the public, licensees and local officials, and has training and meeting space for the department and its community partners. The Charlotte Regional Office joins Department of Insurance regional offices in New Bern and Asheville.
"It's important to have a physical presence in the Charlotte region so we can provide the highest possible level of service to consumers, licensees, and fire and rescue departments in this part of the state," said Goodwin. "I am proud that people will be able to get help and answers from our staff at the local level."
Among its many services to the public, the Department of Insurance can help people:
- Understand an insurance policy.
- File a complaint or appeal with an insurance company.
- Identify enrollment opportunities for health care coverage.
- Locate a lost life insurance policy.
- Find contact information for an insurance company.
- Report suspected insurance fraud.
- Check the license status of an insurance agent or company.
The N.C. Department of Insurance Charlotte Regional Office is located at 301 McDowell St. and can be reached at 980-523-9970. Learn more about the Department of Insurance at www.ncdoi.gov.