Effective July 1, 2006, all NC Building Code book sales transactions (other than walk-in customers) will be made through the International Code Council at the following link. Please call the ICC Store 1-800-786-4452 if you have questions.
Walk-in customers only may print the following forms to make your purchase in person at:
322 Chapanoke Road
New 2012 Walk-In Code Books are available. For Details call Jessica Yelverton at 919-661-5880 ext 240.
Please call NC Code Sales at 919-661-5880 if you have questions.
The 2011 NC Electrical Code is effective as follows:
- July 3, 2012 (Originally September 1, 2011 but delayed for Legislative Review)
The 2012 NC State Building Codes are effective as follows:
- September 1, 2011 Building, Fire, Fuel Gas, Mechanical, Plumbing
- January 1, 2012 Energy Conservation, Residential
The following NC Building Codes remain effective:
- 1995 Existing Buildings (or 2009 NC Rehabilitation)
- 2008 Electrical ((until Legislative review on 2011 NC Electrical)
- 2009 Energy Conservation, Residential (until 3/1/12)
- 2009 Building, Fire, Fuel Gas, Mechanical, Plumbing (until 3/1/12)
The 1999 NC Accessibility Code (with 2002, 2004 amendments) was effective through December 31, 2009.